Teacher Education is a curricular input for improving school education. This department aims at integrating training and research programmes to a larger extent with greater thrust on quality and bringing about effective changes in the training programmes
Roles & Responsibilities
- Undertakes teacher education in pre-service and in-service at the State level.
- SCERT organises teacher development programmes for teachers at all levels – from pre-primary to higher secondary.
- Conducts in-service training for teachers from the pre-primary to the higher secondary including the vocational higher secondary sector.
- Revised the elementary teacher education curriculum in tune with the NCTE norms and directives.
- Massive orientation programmes were launched covering all teacher educators of the state.
- Revision of PPTTC Curriculum.
- Development of Pre-primary Teacher Education Materials – Pre primary policy document.
- Teacher Empowerment Programmes – Pre school Teacher Educator and Pre School Teachers.
- On-site support to preschool teachers with the help of mentors.
- Transformation programmes for Teacher Educators.
- Development of Pre-service curriculum related materials and their translation into Tamil, Kannada and English medium.
- Revision of Diploma in Language Education (D.L.Ed) Hindi, Arabic, Urdu Curriculum.
- Internship programme for M.Ed. and Ph.D. degree holders (Innovative programme).
- In-service Education Transformation programme for teachers.
- Development of a Resource Pool of teachers for the effective implementation of various academic programmes (Teacher Transformation programme online).
- Induction training programme for the newly recruited teachers of Kerala.
- Conduct of online courses for the professional development of teachers.
- Institution based empowerment programme for teachers.