“Non-formal education is an organised programme of learning, carried outside the framework of formal education system. Usually it is flexible, learner-centered, contextualized and uses a participatory approach. There is no specific target group for NFE; it could be kids, youth or adults, Iliterates, neo-literates and school drop-outs. Those interested in Life Long Education can also join this type of education”
Roles & Responsibilities
- Non formal education is an organised programme of learning, carried outside the framework of formal education system.
- It includes all education activities and all sectors of education outside the formal system.
- Recently initiated the continuing education scheme with Kerala State Literacy Mission (KSLMA), which has an important role in the context of total literacy and post literacy programmes in Kerala.
- Adaptation of curriculum, textbooks and handbooks for special schools.
- In-service training to general school teachers and heads of schools to deal with disabled children.
- Guidance and Counselling.
- Guidance and counselling in harmony with the goals of education, aims to facilitate maximum personal development of children in all sphere of life. The purpose of guidance and counselling service is to help each students develop as an individual in his/her own right, make choices and set goals on the basis of his/her strengthens.
Prepared module on plan for parental orientation programme in schools and conducted try out selected 11 schools in 11 disrticts. Plan to scale up the tryout in all schools of our districts in association with SSK and social justices department.
- Developed a hand book for teachers based on the theme ‘know the child’.
- Conducted national seminar on trends in guidance and counseling and developed approach paper draft based on the developmental framework for guidance and counselling programme in schools.
Designed a programme named as healthy school-happy school to integrate various programmes intended to improve the mental and physical health of school children and ensure its effective implementation in all schools.
- Production of short video or recreational counselling programme conducted in collaboration within UNICEF in the after month of flood.
- Empowerment programmes in the field of special education.
- Empowerment programme for resource teachers.
Material Development for the enrichment of CWSN
Vision paper for inclusive education.
Adaptation of secondary and higher secondary of teacher text in all subject.
Textbook and teacher text for HI students in Std I.
Curriculum for M R Students.
- Guide line for CWSN Examination.
- ‘Flipped ‘ or ‘Inverted Classroom’ approach for LSE transaction in Schools.
Review and analysis of the contents of Health Education and Life skill Programme with the modified text books at school level and D.Ed curriculum and books and other materials.
Conduct of National Talent Search Exam (NTSE) and National Means cum Merit Scholarship Exam (NMMSE).
- Material Development (Ullasaparavakal).
- Empowerment/ Training Programme (Ullasaparavakal).