- To deliver quality and user-oriented services responsive to the changing information needs of our diverse community.
- To enrich the teaching, learning and research activities at school level from Pre-KG to Plus two, through the strategic management of scholarly information.
- To promote school education for preparing lifelong learning by developinginstudentsindependent learning and information literacy skills.
- To provide the staff with the infrastructure &training that will support them in their work and foster pride in their achievements as members of a successful innovative team.
Existing Library Services
- All traditional library services arebeingprovided
- Documentation and Bibliographicservices
- Online Journals – mainly Sage Online and Taylor &Francis online
SCERT has plans to build the Library of tomorrow-a model research library that will not only fill up the gap in terms of collection development and physical ambience but make information readily available to large segment of users community.
The library is envisaged as a Hybrid Library System (i.e. a manage able combination of physical and digital collections and its associated information services) wherein on the one hand, the tradition system of library holdings are maintained and strengthened keeping in view the focus and mandate of the institution as a whole and on the other hand, ICT based services areimplemented.
RESOURCES IN NUTSHELL
- Books -56500 +
- Indian periodicals – 38 (online -3)
- Foreign journals – 40 (online -34)
- report – 1688
- thesis – 1050
- text book archieves-378
SCERT Library would be to transform all existing large non-electronic information resources in to electronic information and integrate the into an electronic library. As a first step towards this, digitization of the textbook archives is on the anvil and it is hoped to accomplish it with the support from MHRD.
(as on 31.03.17)
|2||Journals and other Periodicals|
|3. Documentation and InformationServices|
|Display of NewArrivals|
|E – mail alert service tofaculty|
|4. Circulation Services &Revenue|
(as on 31.03.17)
|Revenue by way of MembershipFee,|
|overdue charges &Photocopy Charges||Rs.60,258|
ERIC – Education Resources Information centre
Open access Indian Journals
Annals of Library and information science
Desidoc Journal of information technology
International Journal of Economics and Research
The Indian review of world literature in English
Journal of physics
Resonance- Journal of science education
Proceedings – mathematical sciences
Open access e-books
PDF Drive (www.pdfdrive.net)
Provide full text articles in education ,socialsciences,biological sciences
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)
- Directory of Open access Journals (DOAJ)